I'm finding that this Wikia is dying in a way. It was all fun and progressive at first, but there are only 8 pages, and we have been a Wiki for a while now (a few weeks). We need to get more people on here, and make more pages!
What's on your mind?
Before you become an Admin, you must first earn the "Trusted" status. You can earn this by helping out, being respectful, and having good character. You'll know when you have the trusted status when you see this on your wall from one of the Admins:
You have earned the trust of this Wikia!
To get this status, you have to either be trusted by 2 or more Administrators, or by the Founder, IAmAPersson, of this Wikia. Keep up the good work!
After this, you are eligible for Admin. If you continue with good behaviour, you might become one!
Some people really like to help out, and therefore Adminship is a good thing for them. Unfortunately, in today's world, we can't trust just anyone. Here's some guidelines for Admin:
- Admins must not delete pages without giving the user prior warning. If the page is being deleted because of rule breaking (such as not providing a QR code), append a deletion notice and give them 3 days before deletion.
- Admins must treat all other users with respect. If you are in an argument with another user, DO NOT use your admin powers to settle the dispute!
- Admins must get the approval of at least 2 other admins before banning a user from the wiki.
- Admins may ban users from the chat as soon as they start acting up. However, do not ban them for no reason; you should only ban someone if they're being far too aggressive and will not calm down, or are making other users uncomfortable by posting inappropriate things. No matter what the circumstance is, you should report anybody you've banned from the chat to the other admins.
- Admins may not ban a user from the chat infinitely unless 2 other admins agree with the infinite ban.
- ALL admins must show their approval for a wiki ban lasting longer than a month. If you have the approval of 2 other admins and feel that the user needs to be banned immediately, you may ban them up to a month before consulting the rest of the admins about the extended ban. In the case of admins not being available for an extended period of time, compromises can be made.
- No user (admins included) may make new categories unless approved by the other admins.
- Admins must get the approval of all other admins before promoting a user to a Chat Moderator. Again, compensations can be made in the case of admins not being available.
- Admins are not allowed to delete complaints written about them unless they contain profanityor are simply spam. If any user feels that an admin is being malicious or treating people wrongly, you may submit a complaint in any way you see fit.
Failure to follow these rules will result first in a warning. If you continue to break the rules, your account will be suspended for 1 week. If you are still breaking rules, your adminship will be taken away, and you may be banned depending on the severity of your actions.
This list may be altered and expanded as time progresses. If anybody would like to discuss the rules (anybody at all), please leave a comment below!
Hey guys! Here are some general rules to consider before you create a page:
- Is the topic you want to discuss already covered?
- Would it be a legitimate tutorial?
- If an Admin were to inspect it, would they approve?
- Is it a topic based on facts or opinions?
Some things to consider whilst creating your page:
- Have you provided enough details?
- Is it biased in any way?
- Have you provided enough resources?
- Are the resources you've provided out-of-date?
Have fun creating your tutorials!